Second National Gathering
NCCIE’s second National Gathering was held in Ottawa August 15-16, 2019.
Two of the many highlights from the event were the Elders Panel and Youth Panel.
Elders’ Panel: Oral Traditions and the Digital Age
- Moderator: Dr. Bob Kayseas
- Interim President, First Nations University of Canada
- Claudette Commanda
- Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg First Nation
- Willie Ermine
- Sturgeon Lake First Nation
- Vince Pawis, Sr.
- Delina Petit Pas
- Chair & Director, Mi’kmaw Heritage Research and Restoration Association, Mi’kmaw Nation
- Michael Thrasher
Youth Panel: Reflections on Indigenous Education
- Moderator: Professor David Newhouse
- Director, Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous Studies, Trent University
- Trisha Campbell
- Tyarra Goodman
- Bobby Henry
- Kyle Simon
- Randy Qattalik
The following are reflections from regional teams and participants about their involvement with the project, gathered during the second annual National Gathering.
Impressions du projet NCCIE – Annie Pilote
Impressions du projet NCCIE – Denis Vollant
Impressions of the NCCIE Project – Kyle Simon
Impressions du projet NCCIE – Laïsa Pivert
Impressions du projet – Mathias Mark
Impressions of the NCCIE Project – Randy Qattalik
Impressions of the NCCIE Project – Tyler Armstrong